Businesses throughout Hull city centre are gearing up for a night to remember after a year to forget as Hull Business Improvement District returns with its annual awards.
HullBID’s highlight of the year was the renewal ballot which backed the organisation to continue its work helping businesses in all sectors to survive and thrive.
Now the BID has announced details of its 2022 awards, with members urged to come together and celebrate their own achievements in bouncing back from the challenges of lockdown.
BID members can make their mark in the competition, share their success stories and take over Hull’s DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel for the dinner and awards ceremony on Friday 25 February.
Kathryn Shillito, HullBID Executive Director said: “The past two years have been extremely tough, but the awards will put the spotlight on the incredible efforts of all of our businesses and recognise their achievements in bringing our city centre back to life.
“The last HullBID Awards at the Bonus Arena in February 2020 showcased the variety of our businesses with winners from retail, food and beverage, history, culture, property development and more and we’re expecting a record number of entries this year.
“For this eighth edition of the awards, global brand HSBC are demonstrating their commitment to the city as overall event sponsor, and they are joined by some of our finest homegrown businesses who have also committed sponsorship in record time, for which we are immensely grateful.
“We hope BID members will respond by entering as many categories as they wish, identifying the impact they have made, and encouraging colleagues and customers to join in. It’s important we raise awareness of the quality and the camaraderie that we have in the city centre business community.”
The 11 categories for the 2022 Hull BID Awards are:
- Safe City Award sponsored by Hull & East Yorkshire Credit Union
- Dressed to Impress Award sponsored by AA Global Language Services
- Outstanding Employee or Team Award sponsored by East Yorkshire Buses
- Innovative Marketing Award, sponsored by 360 Chartered Accountants
- Customer Service Excellence Award, sponsored by Kingston Recruitment
- Judges Special Recognition Award, sponsored by Allenby Commercial
- Contribution to the Community Award, sponsored by Hammonds of Hull
- Best Business Progression Award, sponsored by St Stephen’s Shopping Centre
- Commitment to Training and Development Award, sponsored by Pepperells Solicitors
- The Best in Food and Drink Award, sponsored by Hull Trains
- Outstanding Contribution Award sponsored by HSBC.
Applications can be submitted in all categories except the Judges Special Recognition. A shortlist will be revealed after the closing date of Monday 24 January 2022.
All shortlisted businesses will receive four free tickets to the event and extra tickets can be bought at cost for £40 plus VAT by contacting email@example.com